Job Title: Head Teller
Reports To: Branch Manager
Schedule: Vary according to each branch, including evening hours and/or weekends
Coordinate and supervise all aspects of teller operations within the branch ensuring the daily activities of the tellers are performed in a timely, accurate and courteous manner. Order and conduct cash management duties. Well-versed in all branch operational procedures. Good leadership skills and the ability to motivate others are necessary. Provide working leadership and guidance to tellers through the assignment of work and by providing technical guidance.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Supervise and oversee daily teller operations including over-the-counter, mail, and telephone transactions.
- Ensure that staff is trained and cross-trained in all phases of their particular jobs to ensure quality service to members.
- Can process all sales and member transactions, in person or by mail, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, sale of money orders, and/or credit union checks.
- Can process all consumer loan applications. Provides support to lending activities within the credit union, ensuring compliance with credit union lending policies.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of private information.
- Supports Call Center during high volume periods.
- Actively markets and cross-sells current and new products and services of the credit union and educates members on the benefits and features of new, as well as, existing services.
- Responsible for all daily cash and system reconciliations.
- Responsible for maintenance and security of all negotiable instruments housed in the branch.
- Maintain knowledge of all state and federal regulations that are applicable to the transactions performed in the teller area.
- Knowledgeable in all credit union products and services.
- Maintain an adequate supply of cash on hand, money orders, and credit union checks.
- Research and resolve member questions, problems, and concerns by telephone, written correspondence, or in person.
- Approve member exceptions.
- Investigate teller losses and institute a corrective flow of work.
- Responsible for maintaining quality and progress of work in the teller area.
- Stays current with the usage of technology such as i-pads and smartphones, demonstrating their usage in mobile banking to members while migrating them to alternative delivery channels when appropriate.
- Required to participate in all credit union training programs. Follows policies and procedures daily to ensure compliance with current regulations.
- May be required to participate in credit union committees, including but not limited to marketing, compliance, IT.
- Manage and recommend the purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to step in for the Assistant Branch Manager or Branch Manager.
- Travel to other branches when needed.
- Accurate completion of required audit logs.
- Performs basic clerical tasks as assigned by the manager, including but not limited to: filing, scanning, photocopying, faxing.
- Completes all other tasks, assignments, or functions as assigned and/or required.
Education/Experience: A High School diploma or equivalent, with good mathematical aptitude. 3-5 years of teller experience in a financial institution.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with members and employees.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to perform accurately and in a timely manner without constant supervision and frequent interruption.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to multitask under pressure.
- The nature of the position creates the possibility of temporary or permanent reassignments within UKRFCU’s branch office network.
- Thorough understanding of all products and services, features, and benefits as well as associated procedural details.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Ability to learn all aspects of the credit union.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must possess good analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Must have the technical aptitude.
- Being a team player that is considerate of other employees.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Previous experience in a financial sales environment required.
- Must demonstrate self-initiative skills.
- Bilingual: must be fluent in English and Ukrainian.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to read and interpret business documents. Ability to effectively present job-related information to employees.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment including but not limited to: a computer, scanner, adding machine, facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or more up to 30 pounds.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance and be available to work scheduled hours per week or such hours per week as UKRFCU determines necessary to meet the member’s needs.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading, or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join the UKRFCU Team
Click below to fill out the Employment Application. Let’s get started.
UKRFCU is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. UKRFCU complies with Philadelphia’s Fair Chance Hiring Law, for more information click here.