Job Title: Marketing Communications Specialist
Reports To: Vice President of Retail Operations and Business Development
Schedule: Vary according to each branch, including evening hours and/or weekends.
The Marketing Communications Specialist will be responsible for internal and external communications with multiple stakeholders to cultivate relationships through marketing activity – campaigns, events, digital engagement, data analysis and reporting, and member communications. All functions relate to identifying membership, and product and service, growth opportunities. May work with external agencies and vendors to support the development and implementation of marketing campaigns.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Works cross functionally with the entire UKRFCU team on marketing and promotional strategy for signature initiatives and special events.
- Develops and implements yearly marketing and communication plans to meet organizational needs and business growth goals.
- Implements strategy ensuring adherence to marketing best practices.
- Maps communications workflow to enhance the member journey as it pertains to products/services and loans.
- Designs, assesses, and implements communications strategies for retail and business development personnel to increase product/service and loan penetration goals with current and prospective members.
- Coordinates credit union surveys, collects responses and prepares reports of results.
- Creates and implements email blasts including targeted outreach, annual appeals and special promotions/notices.
- Ensures that all branches and employees have all proper information regarding current and newest promotions.
- Writes and distributes employee newsletter
- Plans, writes, and edits content for the website and social media sites, and increases awareness of UKRFCU through building its online presence.
- Responsible for creating content to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, email-marketing, traditional media, radio etc.) and ensure timely and consistent strategy.
- Tests and tracks marketing (e.g., email, social media, website) to determine which elicit the best response/return. Adjusts marketing efforts accordingly.
- In conjunction with Digital Information and Communication team, creates, coordinates and maintains new and updated content for the UKRFCU website, work with other departments to ensure information is engaging, accurate and timely, and relevant depending on initiative and campaign.
- Responsible for enforcing UKRFCU brand and maintaining brand and messaging guide.
- In conjunction with vendors, designs flyers, informational packets, and other print and online materials.
- Ensures that internal and external communications and collateral materials are current, effective, and are consistent with UKRFCU brand and messaging.
- Maintains the integrity of sponsor logos and brand in marketing and sponsor materials.
- Reports and analyzes member data trends.
- Monitors and reports on product/service and loan analytics as well as provides training for staff to understand and evaluate those efforts.
- Coordinates member education and facilitates functions for special events (as needed). Assists during events as needed.
- Attends community events to develop new business prospects and promote the credit union.
- Manages marketing outreach programs.
- Co-develops and oversees UKRFCU Internship Program.
- Develops and maintains community events and UKRFCU calendars.
- Assists in developing new promotional and educational campaigns.
- Develops and distributes member and product/service and loan acquisition kits to SEGs,
real-estate professionals, local businesses, community organizations and other partner groups.
- Coaches senior management for public speaking and presentations.
- Actively markets current and new products and services of the credit union and educates potential and existing members on the benefits and features of new, as well as, existing services.
- Works with entire UKRFCU team to develop external business opportunities.
- Thoroughly understands each product/service and benefit that the credit union offers.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of private information.
- Stays up to date with industry knowledge, trends and market developments.
- Required to participate in all credit union training programs. Follows policies and procedures daily to ensure compliance with current regulations.
- May be required to participate in credit union committees, including but not limited to marketing, compliance, IT.
- Completes all other tasks, assignments or functions as assigned by the manager.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations; or related discipline. 3+ years of experience in a related field such as marketing, communications, public relations, customer relationship management, business development. Sales, event planning, graphic design is a plus.
Workplace Experience: Credit Union or bank; financial education; economic development; non-profit; or retail related.
- Excellent analytical, communication, public speaking, organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings.
- Ability to perform accurately and in timely manner without constant supervision and frequent interruption.
- Ability to travel to branches and SEGs for meetings/presentations.
- Ability to multitask under pressure.
- Must have technical aptitude.
- Ability to learn all aspects of the credit union.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Proficient knowledge of Word processing, and spreadsheet applications.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must be creative and goal oriented.
- Being a team player that is considerate of other employees.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must demonstrate self-initiative skills.
- Bilingual: must be fluent in English and Ukrainian.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with members and employees. Ability to read and interpret business documents. Ability to effectively present job-related information to employees.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment including but not limited to: a computer, scanner, adding machine, facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or more up to 30 pounds.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance and be available to work scheduled hours per week or such hours per week as UKRFCU determines necessary to meet the member’s needs.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join the UKRFCU Team
Click below to fill out the Employment Application. Let’s get started.
UKRFCU is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. UKRFCU complies with Philadelphia’s Fair Chance Hiring Law, for more information click here.