Summer Intern (Paid)
Job Title: Summer Intern (Paid)
Reports To: Vice President of Human Resources
Hours: 18 to 20 hours/weekly
Overview of Internship Positions:
The Ukrainian Selfreliance Federal Credit Union (UKRFCU) Summer Internship offers an opportunity to learn firsthand about the work of consumer financial services institutions. Interns will work at the Administrative Office of the UKRFCU and will learn about and participate in the day-to-day operation of one of the largest credit unions in the Philadelphia region. Interns will develop a basic understanding of the ways in which consumer financial services are provided. They will learn about the difference between banks and credit unions and how these differences affect the manner which credit unions conduct their business. Through the Credit Union’s Board Member Shadowing Program, interns will also have the opportunity to meet and interact with members of the Credit Union’s Board of Directors, learn about the careers of these professionals and develop the mentoring relationships that will help them advance their own careers after completing academic studies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. During most of their 6-week employment, interns will rotate through various credit union departments, assisting benchmarking research, risk management, and other credit union work. Interns will work with staff in credit union departments, assisting in day-to-day activities and will also be assigned one or more research projects with specific expected deliverables.
2. Interns will be expected to attend employee training programs and will have the opportunity to observe meetings of the Credit Union’s Board of Directors.
3. Interns will spend up to 1 week “shadowing” members of the Board of Directors and/or Supervisory Committee in their “day jobs”. The duration of shadowing assignments will vary, but the goal of the shadowing program is to allow interns to gain exposure to the day-to-day work life of various professionals who make up the Board of Directors of the credit union.
4. Another key component of the internship program is out-of-office assignments with Ukrainian-American community organizations. Interns will be expected to assist these organizations in performing needed clerical, administrative or other assignments and in the process to learn about the structure and functioning of the local Ukrainian-American Community.
College and University students who are members of the UKRFCU (must be enrolled in 2022-2023 academic year). Candidates will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Academic achievement.
- Involvement in Ukrainian community organizations and activities.
- Involvement in non-Ukrainian community organizations and activities.
- Demonstrated leadership potential.
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in business, accounting, economics, risk management, finance, marketing and/or law.
- Recommendations provided by community leaders, employers, and others.
Family members of UKRFCU employees are excluded from the internship program.
Interested students must submit the following:
- Completed application form.
- An essay (approximately 500 words) explaining why they should be chosen for the program.
- Current resume.
- Two letters of recommendation.
To Submit the Application Package:
- Digitally apply, sign, attach and submit by clicking ‘Apply’ below.
- E-mail: Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: 2023 Internship
- or Mail to:
Ukrainian Selfreliance Federal Credit Union
Attn: Internship Program
221 W. Street Road
Feasterville, PA 19053
Your application will not be reviewed until all requested information is received. The application deadline is April 15, 2023.
Join the UKRFCU Team
Click below to fill out the Internship Application. Let’s get started.
UKRFCU is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. UKRFCU complies with Philadelphia’s Fair Chance Hiring Law, for more information click here.