Job Title: Teller
Reports To: Branch Manager
Schedule: Vary according to each branch, including evening hours and/or weekends
Delivers extraordinary member service to both existing and potential new members. Educates both existing and potential members about the benefits of banking with UKRFCU. Effectively cross-sells and uncovers sales opportunities.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate and efficient member transactions.
- Thoroughly understands each product/service and benefit that the credit union offers.
- Open all new personal, business and organizational accounts according to required procedures.
- Can process all sales and member transactions, in person or by mail, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, sale of money orders and/or credit union checks.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of private information.
- Balance cash drawer at end of day and compare totaled amount to the computer-generated proof sheet. Report any discrepancies to the manager/supervisor as necessary.
- Answer all member questions to the best of your ability, directing them to the appropriate personnel to receive prompt assistance.
- Periodically supports the call center during high volume periods.
- Assist members wishing to access into their safe deposit box. Ensure that proper procedures are being followed before granting access to the box.
- Performs duties at other branch locations when necessary.
- Effectively handles service complaints and escalates appropriately.
- Actively markets and cross-sells current and new products and services of the credit union and educates members on the benefits and features of new, as well as, existing services.
- Report malfunctions of teller terminals and other equipment used at the teller station.
- Stays current with the usage of technology such as i-pads and smart phones, demonstrating their usage in mobile banking to members while migrating them to alternative delivery channels when appropriate.
- Ensure the teller area is properly stocked with supplies and forms. Maintains clean and safe work area.
- Required to participate in all credit union training programs. Follows policies and procedures daily to ensure compliance with current regulations.
- May be required to participate in credit union committees, including but not limited to marketing, compliance, IT.
- Performs basic clerical tasks as assigned by manager, including but not limited to: filing, scanning, photocopying, faxing.
Education/Experience: A High School diploma or equivalent, with a good mathematical aptitude.
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to facilitate meetings.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to perform accurately and in timely manner without constant supervision and frequent interruption.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Must have excellent conflict resolutions skills.
- Ability to multitask under pressure.
- Nature of position creates the possibility of temporary or permanent reassignments within UKRFCU’s branch office network.
- Must have technical aptitude.
- Ability to learn all aspects of the credit union.
- Proficient knowledge of Word processing, and spreadsheet applications.
- Being a team player that is considerate of other employees.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must demonstrate self-initiative skills.
- Bilingual: must be fluent in English and Ukrainian
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to read and interpret business documents. Ability to effectively present job related information to employees.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment including but not limited to: a computer, scanner, adding machine, facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or more up to 30 pounds.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance and be available to work your normal scheduled hours per week or such hours per week as UKRFCU determines necessary to meet the member’s needs.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join the UKRFCU Team
Click below to fill out the Employment Application. Let’s get started.
UKRFCU is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. UKRFCU complies with Philadelphia’s Fair Chance Hiring Law, for more information click here.