Deeply Committed to Community
UKRFCU is deeply committed to, and supportive of, community development. Through employee volunteerism and financial support, UKRFCU takes on a leadership role in the community. Investing in our youth and future generations is just as important as continued support of our legacy organizations and institutions. As Ben Franklin once said, “Well done is better than well said.” Here at UKRFCU, we are committed to our community. To learn more about how we support community organizations, please scroll down.
UKRFCU’s Community Mission
UKRFCU is a financial cooperative that services the financial needs of the Ukrainian-American community. As a successful credit union, UKRFCU strives to carefully balance the needs of the constituents it serves including credit union members, the Ukrainian-American community as well as its employees. To fulfill the UKRFCU’s role as a community supporter, responsible and well-targeted charitable contributions are made to organizations which foster UKRFCU’s mission.
We Have Donated
Sponsorship and Donation Focus Areas
UKRFCU grants sponsorships and donations to organizations, events, and projects, that contribute to and enhance the Ukrainian-American community in the geographic regions that UKRFCU serves. Additionally, the UKRFCU will consider supporting organizations outside of its direct geographic operating area. Requesting organizations who are members of UKRFCU receive priority review.
To qualify for funding, applicants must fall within these parameters:
- Events or projects whose focus is the promotion of Ukrainian arts, culture, language, and community awareness.
- Activities and Events that are undertaken by Ukrainian-American charitable organizations, including activities in the US and well as overseas, particularly in Ukraine.
- Organizations which support education, cultural, and community awareness.
- Organizations that promote Ukrainian and Ukrainian-American youth leadership training, education, sport, and good citizenship.
- Capital campaign support and capacity building initiatives for charitable organizations
*All Applications will be considered for but not guaranteed funding.
Criteria and Exclusions
- General Eligibility Criteria
- Criteria Specific to Donations
- Criteria Specific to Sponsorships
- Funding Limitations and Exclusions
All requests need to be submitted in writing with the UKRFCU Sponsorship and Donation application along with formal request letter that outlines the details of the events, financial request, and an explanation of the target audience the event or project will serve. Verbal inquiries and requests are not generally considered or accepted absent extraordinarily circumstance. Requests can be emailed or sent in the mail.
Be not-for-profit or registered charitable organization. Requests from individuals or entities that are not recognized 501(c)(3) organizations may be submitted through a sponsor who meets those criteria, where the sponsor agrees in writing to assume responsibility to ensure that the proposal will be executed in accordance with the funding request and is free from private profit motives.
Sponsorship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Offer UKRFCU significant visibility or promotional opportunities included, but not limited to, usage of UKRFCU logo and official name, a speaking and display opportunity at events.
The following donation and sponsorship requests are not eligible for financial support from UKRFCU:
- For-profit audio and film productions
- Projects linked to a political party or candidate of a political party or labor organization
- Requests to support annual operating expenses are generally excluded
Apply for Donation & Sponsorship
UKRFCU appreciates your interest in submitting a Sponsorship or Donation request. Before submitting an application, please make sure you have read the criteria and exclusions above. Please click below for the application.
Funding requests will be accepted and reviewed on a monthly basis. Applicants are encouraged to submit their request at least 90 days prior to the project or event start date.
Application Process & Contact Information
Applicants seeking funding are required to complete the UKRFCU Sponsorship and Donation Application. Applicants can submit via mail or email:
Ukrainian Selfreliance Federal Credit Union
Attn: Vice President of Business Development & Retail Operations
221 W. Street Road
Feasterville, PA 19053
All applications/requests will be logged as they are received and will be reviewed for eligibility. Applicants whose Application has been approved for funding will be notified accordingly.
For any questions, please call 215.725.4430 ext 709.