America Saves Week February 24 – 29, 2020
America Saves Week, along with Military Saves Month, is a time-honored event; a national opportunity for organizations to work together within their communities to transform the lives of millions of Americans.
Thought About Savings Lately?
Did you know that almost half of Americans say they don’t have enough savings for an emergency? Are you and your family prepared financial if an emergency happens?
America Saves Week is a week long campaign that raises awareness about the importance of saving money, reducing debt and building wealth and is a perfect time to plan for your financial future.
Ready to Start Saving? Here are 3 Easy Steps to Get You Started:
The America Saves Week program features a specific theme – such as “Save with a Plan,” “Save by Reducing Debt,” and “Save to Retire” – each day that aims to drive social conversations and public awareness.
- Monday, February 24, 2020 | Save Automatically – There are two ways to save automatically. We suggest these strategies:Split your paycheck! Have your employer deposit money into a separate savings account OR Set up automatic transfers with UKRFCU, from checking to savings.
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020 | Save with a Plan – It’s okay if you don’t have a lot of money to save. You can open an account at some credit unions for as little as $5.00. Then you can add to your account at any time. Did you know the decisions you make today could have a big impact on how your money will grow over time? The money you save would certainly come in handy when you’re ready to buy your first car or head off to college – or even sooner. Click here to learn more.
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020 | Save for the Unexpected – A solid emergency fund is perhaps one of the most important tools in developing and sustaining financial security. It is recommended to save six months of living expenses because no matter how well things are going, or well you plan, bad things will happen from time to time. Click here to learn more.
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 | Save to Retire – First, remember it’s never too late to save for retirement! No matter how far away you are from retiring, take the time to review the following checklist to help you determine if you have enough saved. Click here to learn more.
- Friday, February 28, 2020 | Save by Reducing Debt – Are you behind on your bills? If so, you might be thinking about debt consolidation. Click here to learn more.
- Saturday, February 29, 2020 | Save as a Family – Did you know studies show that financial account experience, combined with financial education at an early age can shape a young person;s habits in a way that can last for a lifetime. Click here to learn more.