Marketing and Public Relations Specialist
Job Title: Marketing and Public Relations Specialist
Reports To: Sr. Vice President
Schedule: Vary according to each branch, including evening hours and/or weekends
The Marketing and Public Relations Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing marketing and public relations strategies for meeting organization’s objectives. Primary focus includes identifying product and membership growth opportunities and promoting the credit union’s commitment to the community it serves. Engages in extensive business development opportunities with marketing communications, lending and retail operations.
- Actively markets and cross-sells current and new products and services of the credit union and educates potential and existing members on the benefits and features of new, as well as existing services.
- Attends community events to develop new business prospects and promote the credit union.
- Works cross functionally with the entire UKRFCU team on marketing and promotional strategy for signature initiatives and special events.
- Collaborates with Marketing Communications Specialist and Sr. Vice President to develop and implement annual marketing plan to meet organizational needs and business growth goals.
- Reports and analyzes member data trends.
- Analyzes data and identifies products and services growth opportunities as well as provides training for staff to understand and evaluate those efforts.
- Contacts and visits prospective members, brokers, realtors, SEGs to present information on services available through credit union.
- Conducts marketing surveys on current and new product concepts and member satisfaction.
- Assists in developing new promotional and educational campaigns.
- Enforces UKRFCU trademark, branding, and style guidelines.
- Manages outreach programs and credit union produced events.
- Builds and maintains relationships with local, regional, and national media partners and continuously grows the positive reputation of the Credit Union.
- Develops new community and member engagement initiatives.
- Implements strategy ensuring adherence to digital and traditional marketing best practices.
- Coaches senior management for public speaking and presentations.
- Works with entire UKRFCU team to develop external business opportunities.
- Thoroughly understands each product/service and benefit that the credit union offers.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of private information.
- Stays up to date with industry knowledge, trends and market developments.
- Required to participate in all credit union training programs. Follows policies and procedures daily to ensure compliance with current regulations.
- May be required to participate in credit union committees, including but not limited to marketing, compliance, IT.
- Completes all other tasks, assignments or functions as assigned by the manager.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations; or related discipline. 2+ years of experience in a related field such as marketing, business, advertising, public relations, finance and or communications is a plus. Web content development experience is preferred.
Workplace Experience: Credit Union or bank; financial education; economic development; non-profit; or retail related.
- Excellent analytical, communication, public speaking, organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings.
- Ability to perform accurately and in timely manner without constant supervision and frequent interruption.
- Ability to travel to branches and SEGs for meetings/presentations.
- Ability to multitask under pressure.
- Must have technical aptitude.
- Ability to learn all aspects of the credit union.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Proficient knowledge of Word processing, and spreadsheet applications.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must be creative and goal oriented.
- Being a team player that is considerate of other employees.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must demonstrate self-initiative skills.
- Bilingual: must be fluent in English and Ukrainian.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with members and employees. Ability to read and interpret business documents. Ability to effectively present job-related information to employees.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment including but not limited to: a computer, scanner, adding machine, facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or more up to 30 pounds.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance and be available to work scheduled hours per week or such hours per week as UKRFCU determines necessary to meet the member’s needs.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join the UKRFCU Team
Click below to fill out the Employment Application. Let’s get started.
UKRFCU is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. UKRFCU complies with Philadelphia’s Fair Chance Hiring Law, for more information click here.