Job Title: Member Service Representative
Reports To: Branch Manager
Schedule: Vary according to each branch, including evening hours and/or weekends
The Member Services Representative must have excellent customer service skills and good mathematical aptitude, be a personable and member-focused employee handling member transactions with speed and accuracy. Effectively cross-sells and educates both existing and potential members about credit union benefits and services.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional, and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions.
- Answer all member questions to the best of your ability, directing them to the appropriate personnel to receive prompt assistance.
- Thoroughly understands each product/service and benefit that the credit union offers.
- Open all new personal, business, and organizational accounts according to required procedures.
- Can process all consumer loan applications. Provides support to lending activities within the credit union, ensuring compliance with credit union lending policies.
- Resolves problems with member accounts/services and strives to attain an equitable resolution by using good judgment.
- Effectively handles service complaints and escalates appropriately.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of private information.
- Acts as teller or receptionist/call center when necessary.
- Performs duties at other branch locations when necessary.
- Actively markets and cross-sells current and new products and services of the credit union and educates members on the benefits and features of new, as well as, existing services.
- Report malfunctions of teller terminals and other equipment used at the teller station.
- Stays current with the usage of technology such as i-pads and smartphones, demonstrating their usage in mobile banking to members while migrating them to alternative delivery channels when appropriate.
- Ensure the work area is properly stocked with supplies and forms. Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Required to participate in all credit union training programs. Follows policies and procedures daily to ensure compliance with current regulations.
- May be required to participate in credit union committees, including but not limited to marketing, compliance, IT.
- Participate in branch functions and community activities to promote credit union’s image and growth.
- Performs basic clerical tasks as assigned by the manager, including but not limited to: filing, scanning, photocopying, faxing.
Education/Experience: A High School diploma or equivalent, with a good mathematical aptitude. 1-3 years of teller experience in a financial institution.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with members and employees.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to perform accurately and in a timely manner without constant supervision and frequent interruption.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to multitask under pressure.
- The nature of the position creates the possibility of temporary or permanent reassignments within UKRFCU’s branch office network.
- Must have a technical aptitude.
- Ability to learn all aspects of the credit union.
- Basic knowledge of Word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Being a team player that is considerate of other employees.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must demonstrate self-initiative skills.
- Bilingual: must be fluent in English and Ukrainian.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to read and interpret business documents. Ability to effectively present job-related information to employees.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment including but not limited to: a computer, scanner, adding machine, facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or more up to 30 pounds.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance and be available to work scheduled hours per week or such hours per week as UKRFCU determines necessary to meet the member’s needs.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading, or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join the UKRFCU Team
Click below to fill out the Employment Application. Let’s get started.
UKRFCU is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. UKRFCU complies with Philadelphia’s Fair Chance Hiring Law, for more information click here.