The single most important way to protect your money and your accounts is through your awareness.
When you receive your UKRFCU statement make sure you review all of the transactions that have been posted. Don’t forget to check credit card and other accounts that you might not use very often. If you don’t recall making a trans-action, be sure to notify us immediately even if the amount is small.
Be safe. Check your UKRFCU statement when you receive it!
10 Simple Rules to protect yourself from Fraud
- Always be skeptical of unsolicited calls.
- Be wary of door-to-door salesmen.
- Take time to think things through in the face of high-pressure sales pitches.
- Take all the time you need to investigate any home improvement offer.
- Remember, you are entitled by law to cancel any transactions you have agreed to within three business days.
- Never sign a contract or make a purchase without full understanding the terms of the agreement.
- Never give out your social security number, credit card identification or bank account number over the phone or to a company you do not know.
- Do not be taken in by “You Have Won” notifications over the phone or by mail.
- Do not assume that “charitable” solicitations are legitimate, no matter how heartwarming their cause may seem.
- Do not do business with a company you know little about.