UKRFCU is partnering with Philabundance to take a stand in a fight against hunger by hosting a food drive. Please visit any of our five participating locations starting November 1st (Feasterville branch, Somerton branch, Cottman branch, UECC branch or Trenton branch) and look for a Beet Hunger* bin to make your donation.
In an effort to provide the most nutritious food, the list below represents high food priorities. These items are high in both demand and nutritional value. While we continue to accept other items, we kindly ask you to focus your effort on these items so, together, we have the maximum impact for individuals facing hunger.
Below is a list of some of the best foods to donate:
- Canned tuna or meat
- Canned stew & soups
- Canned fruits & vegetables
- Whole grain/wheat pasta
- Oatmeal/breakfast cereal
- Cooking oil
- Peanut butter & jelly
- 100% juice
- Boxed, non-refrigerated milk
- Pasta sauce & canned vegetables
- Nuts/trail mix/granola bars
- Macaroni & cheese
Please donate products that are in boxes, cans, or plastic bottles and do not require refrigeration. Additionally, please note we prefer items that are low in sugar/sodium and free of high fructose corn syrup. Please do not donate bread or items that have a short shelf life. All items should be recently purchased and in good condition.
When: November 1 through November 30
Where: Donation bins will be located at the following branches:
- Administrative Center and Branch – 221 W. Street Road, Feasterville, PA 19053
- Cottman Branch – 1729 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111
- Somerton Branch – 14425 Bustleton Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19116
- Ukrainian Educational and Cultural Center Branch – 700 N Cedar Road, Jenkintown, PA 19046
- Trenton Branch – 477 Jeremiah Avenue, Trenton, NJ 08610
To learn more about Philabundance, please visit www.philabundance.org. Together we can help struggling families in need.
*Please be advised that the Philabundance’s Beet Hunger food pun is used by the organization in an effort to market the food drive campaign.